how can i figure out.....

i am a gay who is 19..well i have never had a sex with a man before...but the fear of HIV (AIDS) always holds me back from having it...how do i know if that person has the disease or not? or what can i possibly do to let me be aware of him possibly having the disease? thank you

Response from Dr. Pavia

I am going to post your question, which is a good one, to the safe sex forum. You can learn a lot by reading there, and get directed to other resources. Bottom line is that you should always assume that a new partner might be infected, and practice safer sex. This applies even if he (or she) says they tested negative. You cannot spot anything that would tell you someone is or is not infected.

ATP

where is the preg. & child forum
How to improve AZT syrup taste