HIV AND TANNING BEDS

HI. THIS IS A QUESTION ABOUT TANNING BEDS. I'VE RECENTLY STARTED GOING TANNING, AND I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GET HIV FROM A TANNING BED BECAUSE I HAVE PSORAISIS ON MY ELBOWS. YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE TANNING BEDS YOURSELF AND I ALWAYS CLEAN IT BEFORE I GO IN, BUT IF I MISSED A SPOT AM I AT RISK FOR CATCHING ANYTHING? I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY QUESTIONS ON THE WEBSITE LIKE THIS ONE. PLEASE ANSWER AND THANK YOU.

There is no evidence that anyone has been infected through using a tanning bed. First of all, HIV is only known to be transmitted through sexual, blood-to-blood, and mother-to-infant contact. HIV is not spread through casual contact. For transmission to be possible, HIV infected fluids need to come into direct contact with your mucous membranes or bloodstream, and relatively soon after the fluids leave a person's body. HIV does not survive long outside of it's host (especially when it is exposed to the heat and lights of a tanning bed!).

So don't worry and tan away--but not too much, it's bad for your skin.

RMK

exposure to HIV+ precum
Anal Warts