penis shaft & urethra
Apr 16, 2002
Ryan, I had a broken condom with a one-night stand doing vaginal insertion a few weeks ago. Feeling all kinds of stress and anxiety. I immediately ripped off the condom and proceeded to ejaculate externally hoping to force anything out of the urethra. Two concerns: 1.) does ejaculation have any effect on pushing possible vaginal secretions out of the urethra 2.) using the hand I ripped the condom off to masturbate i.e. vaginal fluid rubbed on penis shaft. Is the shaft a non-mucosal area? I have no visible cuts or rashes. Also, I'm circumcised and never had a STD.
Response from Mr. Kull
1) There is no evidence to support the theory that ejaculating will decrease your chances for infection by forcing infected fluids out of the urethra. The condom should have provided a sufficient barrier to fluids coming into contact with your urethra.
2) The shaft of your penis is covered with skin, and is not a mucosal surface. You are not at risk for infection with HIV if fluids come into contact with the intact skin of the shaft of your penis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Herpes Cause Diarrhea?
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Can Mono Affect HIV Test At 6 Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.