Apr 11, 2002
On Satuday night I deep kissed a lady I met at a bar. However, on Friday night at least 24 hours before, I bit my lip while eating dinner. It bled briefly and was definitely not bleeding on Saturday night. Am I at risk? What is a fresh cut or open sore? I know that cuts in the mouth usually heal very quickly.
Response from Mr. Kull
HIV is not known to be transmitted through kissing, for reasons previously discussed in this forum. The presence of a cut in YOUR mouth doesn't make that much of a difference for your risk, because saliva is not a fluid that is implicated in transmission.
See Saliva as a Barrier.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Type Of People Can't Catch The Hiv Virus?
- How Possible Is It To Get Hiv After Unprotected Sex Once?
- Statistics Of People Contracting Hiv From One Encounter Of Unprotected Sex
- Will Negative Hiv Test Stay Negative After 4 Years?
- How Long Can The Aids Virus Last Once Airborne?
- Can Hiv Blood Survive In Cold Temperatures?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.