|marijuana and HIV testing..PLEASE HELP
Apr 10, 2002
ive been stressing for years..i have a couple questions. 1) if i was a heavy pot smoker, would that effect the outcome of my rapid hiv test if the test at about 9-10 weeks after possible exposure?
2) i had sex with this person one time with a condom and the sex didnt last long at all, but a few weeks afterward, i got every symptom oh hiv infection. ( a rash that my doctor told me was a fungal rash, flu-like symtoms and a ear infection).. so would testing negative at 50 days, and again at 9 weeks be enough, or should i test again??
| Response from Mr. Kull
1) Marijuana use will not affect the accuracy of an HIV antibody test. A test at 9-10 weeks after exposure is likely to detect infection, but a test at 12 or more weeks (three months) is considered accurate.
2) It is unlikely that you would have been infected with HIV when using a latex condom for sex. You cannot determine your HIV status based on symptoms alone, as symptoms related to acute infection can be associated to many other conditions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Marijuana Affects On A Person With Hiv
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- Information On Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.