hand job with saliva

ryan:

i recently received a hand job form someone whose history i don't know anything about. before she started to masturbate me, she spit on her hand.

realizing what was happening, i pulled her hand away and wiped the saliva off my penis with the bed spread, but it had already come in contact with my penis for a few seconds. i gave her some oil and she finished the job, but traces of saliva may still have been on her hand since she didn't wash after i pulled away.

am i at risk for infection from this encounter? can saliva to hand to penis contact transmit an std?

HIV is not known to be transmitted through contact with saliva. The saliva of infected people contains little to no virus, and the virus that is found in saliva is often inactive (not infectious). Studies have found that a protein in saliva inactivates HIV (up to 90% of virus was inactivated in one test tube study) and other factors that may contribute to the noninfectious quality of saliva. This is why transmission through kissing or receiving oral sex doesn't seem to occur.

It is highly unlikely that you would be infected with an STD through the activity you describe.

RMK

For how long should I use a condom?
similar window for HIV-1 non-b subtypes?