Can a woman who underwent hysterectomy get AIDS from unprotected sex?
Apr 5, 2002
Can a woman who have had a hysterectomy get AIDS as a result of having unprotected sex with an HIV positive partner?
Response from Mr. Kull
Having a hysterectomy (the removal of the uterus) does not decrease your risk for HIV infection, since the mucous membranes of the vagina would still be exposed to potentially infected fluids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
- Hiv Transmission From Dried Blood On Towel
- Hiv Transmission Through Blood In Food
- How Long Do People Live With Aids?
- Is It Safe To Buy A Used Sex Toy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.