Change in penile odor

Dr. Kull,

I recently had an encounter (vaginal intercourse with condom) and noticed that thereafter my penile odor has heightened lately. I am uncircumcised and have also noticed small red bumps on the head of the penis under the foreskin. The odor is heightened when I pull the foreskin back. I am pretty sure that this is not an ARS symptom, but do you think this could be genital warts or herpes? Please advise, is this something that I can put topical cream on or should I talk to my doctor about this?

Thank you very much

An accumulation of smegma in the foreskin can contribute to penile odor, so make sure that you pull the foreskin back when washing yourself in the shower or bath. It's also possible that you have an infection that is contributing to the odor. If washing your penis does not help or if you experience new symptoms (for instance, if the bumps on the head of your penis are new), see your doctor to get an appropriate diagnosis.

RMK

Blood on faucet
if two monogomous partners have HSV 2, is ot necessary to use a condom EVERY time we have sex?