Blood on faucet

Hi Ryan,

I read through the archived posts to try to find an answer, but I could not. I drank water out of a faucet that had blood on the nozzle (later confirmed that it was blood, but of unknown status). I don't know how long the blood was there; however, from your earlier posts, you mentioned that water will not kill the HIV virus. Assuming there was HIV virus on the nozzle, will the aqueous environment keep the virus alive? Or was the cold water enough to kill it? Please, what are the chances of being infected this way?

Water does not keep HIV alive; the cells of a human host do. HIV does not survive long when exposed to the environment, which is why (among many other reasons) HIV is not transmitted to people who are coming into contact with the day-to-day environment.

RMK

Why do i have this itch?
Change in penile odor