The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Why do i have this itch?

Apr 3, 2002

Well, I had sex with a long time friend about two weeks ago. We had safe sex most of the time, but he stuck it in a couple of times, without one. I have only had one sex partner before him, and we were each others first, so I know that we didnt have anything, but my friend has had more then one sex partner. While we were having sex, I couldnt really stay wet, so we used baby oil for lubrication. Well, when I came back from having sex with him, about a week later, I noticed that my privates each, and when i wash with my face cloth it burns, around my anus, and my vagina. There is nothing else like sores, or redness or a rash, so I just figured that I had a yeast infection. But I took the three day medication for it, and I still itch!!! Can you tell me what could be wrong, and why I have this itching and burning sensation? Is it because of the baby oil? And it is safe to put baby oil inside of your vagina? And why is my anus sore and itchy too?

Response from Mr. Kull

It is difficult to guess what is going on with you, but it is possible that you have an infection, irritation, or an allergic reaction (possibly attributed to the baby oil). The symptoms of vaginitis may not resolve after over-the-counter treatment, so it is important to see a doctor about your symptoms if they persist.

See my response to Yellow Vaginal Discharge for more information.


blood transfusions
Blood on faucet

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint