blood transfusions

Hello ! let me start by saying what wonderful work you and everyone at the body does. I had a baby last month, the pregnancy caused me to develop anemia I was tested at the beginning of the pregnancy for hiv and it was negative, due to the anemia after Delivery i needed two blood transfusions due to my hemoglobin levels dropping to 6.My question is How well do the blood banks test the blood, and should i be concerned and need to take a hiv test because I do not want to pass anything on to my husband if the blood was infected?

Thank you

The blood supply in the United States is very safe. If you've received a blood transfusion after 1992, you do not need to have an HIV antibody test after the procedure. It is estimated that one HIV infected unit of blood in every one million units escapes detection, and screening procedures are very thorough.

See Donating or Receiving Blood for more information.

RMK

Short and not Sweet
Why do i have this itch?