The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Short and not Sweet

Apr 2, 2002

Hi Dr. Kull,

I am sure you have heard it all before but here it goes anyway. I was at a bar last week and had way too much to drink. Two girls drove me back to my hotel and came in for a drink (my first mistake). One thing led to another and during a heated moment there was unprotected vaginal sex for about all of two thrusts or about 10 seconds with one of the girls. I didn't want this to happen but she was on top of me and before I knew it, it was too late. This was a huge mistake! I have never done anything like this. I am married and really concerned about HIV/STD's. I really don't know her status other than she said I should have nothing to worry about. I went to my Docter and he thought the risk was very low for HIV and thought that testing was optional. However, I did get tested for Gon. and Chly., and I am waiting the results. I am looking for a second opinion on this, since it is important I take the right action. What are your thoughts? Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Response from Mr. Kull

It is unlikely that you would have been infected through one episode of a brief insertive exposure to an HIV infected female, but transmission would not be impossible. Until you are sure of your status (HIV/STDs), even though infection is unlikely, it is advisable that you use condoms with your wife or abstain from sex.


HIV 2 in United States-
blood transfusions

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint