Retrovir as PEP
Apr 1, 2002
I am taking retrovir as PEP after a possible infection....doses of 250 mg...should I take 500 mg/day or 750 mg/day? Thks for feedback
Response from Dr. Dieterich
A single drug is not adequate for post exposure prophylaxis. You should be taking at least two, but probably three. If you are only taking one take the highest possible dose, but it may not be enough. Are you seeing a physician about this? DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- AIDS Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.