CDC????

Hi Mr. Kull. I, as well as a few friends called the CDC yesterday. To my surprise when I asked about the window period, the counselor told me the vast majority will test poz by 3 months. She said that the CDC is conservative and wishes to cover all bases therefore, they still say to test again at 6 months. She said it is very rare to test positive after 3 months. The reason this surprises me, is the fact that I, or anyone else I've spoken to has ever heard the CDC say 12 weeks. It was always 6 months and that's it. Have you heard this info? I find it strange but reassuring that they are all of a sudden saying what most of the world has been saying for a while now. I just wanted to share this with you. I hope you post it. Thanks for the time and service you provide.

In my experience with the CDC, they have always given me the same response that you heard (three month window period), even though they haven't officially changed the recommendation. The CDC probably wants to err on the safer side.

RMK

number in aus
Dear Mr. Kull