Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

he pulled out so why do i have symptoms?
Mar 26, 2002

I had unprotected sex approximately 60 hours ago. He pulled out at the last minute. I know it is possible for me to have contracted HIV. Does the fact that he pulled out lower my chances? I woke up this morning with a sore throat and now I feel severely nauseas. Could these be the symptoms already? I am getting married in 3 weeks, I don't see how I can possibly enjoy any of this when I know there is a distinct possibility that I have contracted HIV. What is the soonest that I can go get tested?

Response from Mr. Kull

A person not ejaculating in your body should decrease your risk for infection, but it does not eliminate your risk. If a person is having unprotected sex with you, it is better to have them ejaculate outside of your body to reduce the risk of HIV transmission. However, HIV and other STDs can still be transmitted even when your partner pulls out before ejaculation.

It is unlikely that your symptoms are related to HIV infection, but if you are concerned about your partner's HIV status, consider getting tested at 3 or more months after this exposure. And it would be great if you could figure out a way to use a condom next time to reduce your risk and anxiety.

RMK

Previous
Watersports for HIV+ people
Next
Risk of F to M transmission with no-break condom?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.