Skin problems--HIV?

Dr. Kull, thank you for providing so much information.

Here is my scenario. I've been sexually active with men for a year now, when I first started having sex with men, foolishly I did not use condoms (4 or 5 times). I ONLY participate in insertive anal sex and know that although the risk is less for a top than a bottom there is still a risk.

However I have been using condoms exclusive since then and only practice safe sex.

My problem--this past October/November the skin on my palms of my hands and the soles of my feet started peeling and eventually peeled off. I know this is a common condition for someone who may have been exposed to a certain enzyme or cleaning product. Also I have a rash under my arm that resembles jock itch which I have been applying anti-fungal medication to. Are these conditions symptoms of HIV infection?

I am meeting with an HIV counselor next week to talk, and work up the nerve to get tested, I'm very scared and sorry about the mistakes I've made in the past, but have learned from them.

Thank you.

I cannot tell you if your symptoms are related to HIV-infection. The best way to determine your status is to have an HIV antibody test at least three months after your last exposure (which it sounds like you are doing). Also, see a doctor about any symptoms you are experiencing.

RMK

testing in India
50/50?