hiv infection through a monkey

recently while playing with a monkey in a public central park,I got scratched by the monkey on my forehead through his hand or his nails and blood came out of my forehead but in a small quantity.I am very much afraid, my question is if the monkey is infected with the hiv virus can it affect me,since lately i have heard that doctors have found out that the origin of the hiv virus is from monkeys.

Monkeys and other animals don't carry and transmit HIV to humans. Scientists have discovered a virus similar to HIV, called SIV, that infects monkeys. SIV may have evolved into HIV. But SIV doesn't cause infection and illness in humans, and the same goes for HIV in monkeys.

RMK

Orthodontists
Risk of infection from long-term non-progressor