Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank You
Feb 16, 2001

Ryan, I'm sure that you get a million thank you notes a day, but I just wanted to add one more. I really appreciate what you do. I was incredibly anxious after having a low risk sexual encounter. Reading your site has helped me get my life back together. Thank you. I actually do have a question, what is something that we can do in our communities to help people that either have HIV or are worried that they do?

Response from Mr. Kull

I'm glad that I was able to help out.

There are many things you can do to help others that are affected by the HIV epidemic. Since government funding is always in limited supply, most AIDS organizations accept and need volunteers to help out with their efforts. Try calling one in your community, or call the CDC's National AIDS Hotline, 1.800.232.4636, to find an organization near you.

Another powerful tool is talking with others -- friends, family, co-workers -- about your experience and knowledge of HIV. People frequently deal with their fears of HIV in isolation and could use a little support, understanding, and especially accurate information.

AIDS is devastating much of the developing world. To learn more about the AIDS pandemic and how you can help, visit the UNAIDS website.

RMK

Previous
Trouble in S.D.
Next
oral sex ?...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.