Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please, Please, Please Answer ..........
Feb 16, 2001

Ryan, Hello I am seriously going nuts. I Have asked this question many times and I desperately need an answer. I cant sleep, eat or go to school. 1 month ago I went to a massage parlor. I was convinced into trying it out, my friends said it is worth the experience. Instead the experience I have achieved is constant worry and living hell. What happened is the following. Let me point out first I have psoriasis on my penis,at the time no bleeding or fluids were present on my penis, however it was red irritated skin. The lady took me back into a room where she proceeded to take my clothes off completely, then she took me to a shower and washed me completely. After I dried off I went into a room where she laid me down and massaged me for 5 minutes. I was not getting hard because at the time I was worrying, so she sucked my nipples,then sucked my penis for 10 seconds without a condom. Next, she put a condom on sucked it for another 5 minutes. She then tried to insert my penis into her vagina, however i said NO. So she got a bath towel placed it over my lap and grinded on me until I came. About 2 weeks later I started feeling my neck for swollen glands after reading symptoms for hiv, I had none. However about five days later I discovered my gland on my side of my neck also I started getting neck pains and I believe hot flashes when I went to florida. The hot flashes are gone but every day I feel my neck and the glands are still there and my neck still hurts. I called the doctor and he said your glands wont swell if you keep touching them day after day. He said there must be an infection This is my story, so please, please, answer my following questions 1. Remember I have psoriasis on my penis.What do you think my chances are of receiving hiv through (Nipple sucking,receiving the blow job,And the grinding on the towel.Lets says if I have small cuts ) 2. My symptoms, is it true that my glands have to be infected, even though the doctor did not feel them or could it be stress. And the neck pain what could that be. I took my temperature several times a day and the most it was 98.9.I also had 1 case of diarrhea. I have taken a lot of time to write this. I am sorry it is so long but please answer it. I cannot live right. I have called your hotline around 100 times but no one seems to know the effect of psoriasis, Thank you.

Response from Mr. Kull

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I can tell you anything else except that you are at very low risk for infection. Psoriasis or not, the episode you describe puts you at very low risk for infection. If you eliminate all of the extraneous details of your story, the only risk you have is someone putting their mouth on your penis for 10 seconds. People aren't getting infected this way.

It sounds like you are having a great deal of anxiety about this. This forum receives many questions about low-risk encounters with sex workers and lap dancers. In many cases, the anxiety could have been more relevant to feelings of guilt about the encounter. Anxiety is normal, but when it interferes with your life or feels too intrusive, it is important to seek out help for the anxiety.

RMK

Previous
Doctor Re-using Needles??
Next
What to do after cumming in a condom?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.