Please answer. I am so confused.

Dear Ryan: First of all, thanks for all the insights and valuable information. About two months ago, I inserted my finger into a sex workers' vagina for about one or two minuets. I fingered her quite vigorously. The next morning, I found out there are two healing small cracks on my skin. I got freaked out. I went to my doctor and he said HIV infection from fingering has never happened before. He also said it is extremely difficult for HIV to enter the body thru small cracks like the ones I had. He stated that there is risk, but it is so small that can be negligible. He advised me to go to counselling instead of taking an HIV test. Do you agree with my doctors' assessment? I am so confused now and I don't know if my doctors' assessment is reasonable. Should I listen to my doctor and try to accept the fact that I am not infected?

Your doctor sounds like a wise man. I couldn't have said it better myself! If you have any questions about his recommendation, take a look at What are the risks of fingering someone?.

It's important that you build a trusting, communicative relationship with your doctor. It's healthy and advisable to be informed and active in decisions about your health. However, if you are continually doubting your provider's ability or decisions, you may need to take a deeper look at what's happening.

RMK

I JUST DON'T KNOW???
Scared about encounter with older woman