brain dead question?????
Mar 11, 2002
Dear Ryan, I tested HIV(-) at 3 mos following a brain lapse encounter with an escort (briefly performed oral sex on her). What follows is probably a silly question but I will ask anyway: Is three mos. defined as 90 days? In my anxious state I added up the days from the risky behavior and came up with 88. Should I get a follow up test? By the way this website is outstanding. Thank you.
Response from Mr. Kull
The amount of days in a month, on average, is thirty (365/12). So, testing ninety days following exposure would more accurately reflect three months, but it is absolutely unecessary to repeat an 88 day test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.