Mar 11, 2002
In july of 01 I had sex with a guy of unknown status in which the condom broke, and he had already ejaculated, I tested a 9 weeks and it came back negative, but due to all the stress and anxiety that I went through waiting on the results, I can't bring myself to retest, what do you think I should do?
| Response from Mr. Kull
It is unlikely that you are infected (based on your nine week result), but if you believe that you were possibly exposed to HIV, it is important to have a test performed three or more months after exposure for an accurate result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Does It Mean If My Pap Smear Is Normal But I Am Hpv Positive?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge Look Like?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.