Hangnail Transmission through Vaginal Contact

Dear Dr. Ryan, Last saturday I had sex with the girl I have been dating for the past month. We used condoms during intercourse, but during oral sex we did not. I performed and received oral sex. I am most worried though that while I was 'fingering' my partners vagina I notice a small hangnail on my finger. It was unhealed and a little red from where it had been open (bleeding) earlier in the week. Two days after we had sex I became very short of breath (was unable to take a full breath of air) and had a general feeling of malaise. I also saw a few floaters in my vision. Is it possible that I may have contracted HIV? I know my new girlfriend has had multiple partners and I am unsure if she has practiced safe sex in the past because we have never talked about it. I always practice safe sex but I am still very worried. Any advice or diagnosis would be much appreciated. Thank you.

It is highly unlikely that you become infected with HIV when performing oral sex on a woman, and even more unlikely when you insert your finger into your partner's vagina.

Please see my responses to Cunnilingus... and Please Help....

RMK

rash
Nightmare blood contact