Scary Testing Scenario

I tried to ask this question right when it happened and I didnt see it posted in the forum but seeing we are still in the window period, it is still on my mind. I went 4 weeks ago today to a hopsital to get and HIV test done. While I was sitting in the chair and being prepped for the needle I noticed a gauze with blood on it from another patient near the back of my arm. The nurse noticed it as well and removed it from the table. I was the first person in the clinic that day but it still is very scary that I could have been infected in the hopsital. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Transmission of HIV is only possible if HIV infected FLUIDS (blood, semen, vaginal secretions) come into contact with MUCOUS MEMBRANES (the lining of the vagina, rectum, mouth, urethra) or directly with your BLOODSTREAM. Skin is a barrier to HIV.

It's important to remember that HIV is only known to be transmitted through the following three ways:

1) Sexual contact: anal, vaginal, and oral sex

2) Blood-to-blood contact: sharing injection needles, occupational exposures, blood transfusions (which is rare in the U.S.). This does not include your skin coming into contact with a small amount of blood.

3) Mother-to-infant: either through delivery or during breast feeding.

RMK

How long does aids last outside?
Home Access Accuracy