HIV+Partner

I recently met someone who is HIV+. We have been seeing one another for 2 months. He told me to start with that he was HIV+. I feel that he is very honest and a very caring person. I am HIV- also male. His current viral load is 140 and CD4 is 380. Could you tell me what the risk would be if he performs oral sex on me? We have had encounters some were only touching and some involved brief oral sex on me. I have never performed any oral sex on him.

There is no convincing evidence that HIV has ever been transmitted to a person receiving oral sex. Saliva is not a fluid that is implicated in transmission. Blood present in your partner's mouth does increase the risk of HIV transmission to you (blood is the most infectious bodily fluid), but exactly how much blood needs to be present is difficult to tell. The fact that his viral load is low could also decrease the risk of HIV being transmitted to you.

RMK

Interesting Question.
Condoms--only 65