Normal blood tests.

I am worried that i may have been put in risk of the hiv/aids virus. However recently i had to have a blood test done and it came back as normal. If there was a possibility of HIV would it have shown up?

In order to have an HIV test performed, you need to give your consent to do so. Usually a provider gets this consent in writing, but private doctors may just ask for a verbal consent to do so. Standard blood tests will not detect HIV and may only alert a doctor to infection during later stages of illness.

RMK

I am in love with my Doctor!
Thankful But Troubled