NEED INFO

1-HOW COME THE HIV WILL NOT TRANSMIT THROUGH CLOTHING? 2-HOW IS INTACT SKIN A GOOD SAFE BARRIER? 3-ARE SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES SEEN OR FELT? 4-CDC SAYS THAT 97 PERCENT OF PEOPLE WILL PRODUCE ANTIBODIES AFTER 27 DAYS,? 5-DO SYMPTOMS USUALLY COME ALL AT ONCE OR ARE THEY SPREAD OUT? THANKS, LOOKING FOR INFO

1-There are no absolutes. The best I can say is that it is extremely unlikely and that there is no evidence that HIV has ever been transmitted that way.

2-Intact skin does no provide HIV with any access to the cells it requires for infection to happen.

3-Lymph nodes are usually felt and only a medical professional is trained to determine the presence and significance of inflammation.

4-I would like to know from where or whom (specifically) you got the 97% figure. Different studies will present different data about the time it takes for positive serology. Some literature uses language like "most" or "usually" or "on average" when describing how long people take to have a positive test. Other figures suggest that 95-99% of people are likely to have a positive result within three months of infection.

5-Symptoms related to recent infection are not easy to diagnose and only professionals trained in the field are equipped to make these diagnoses. The literature often describes the presentation as an acute febrile illness, not too unlike infectious mononucleosis.

The best way to determine if you are infected is to have an antibody test at least three months after your exposure.

RMK

Tests
I am in love with my Doctor!