Oral Transmission Question

Hi. I'm a nervous college student with a question. About 1 month ago i fooled around with a man without engaging in penetrative sex of any kind. I did lick the shaft of his limp penis, which had a small amount of pre-ejaculate fluid that had been in the outside air for several minutes (how long can the virus survive without an airtight environment?). I did not put my mouth on or near his head, but i'm scared some pre-cum may have dripped down. I am nevertheless unsure if I got any pre-ejaculate in my mouth. How likely is this a scenario for H.I.V transmission? Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you.

The likelihood of HIV being transmitted to a person performing oral sex on an HIV positive man is low. It is possible that the pre-ejaculatory fluid of a positive man could contain virus, but it seems (based on limited research) that infection through oral sex would primarily happen by getting ejaculate/cum in your mouth. The risk would possibly be increased if you had poor oral health at the time (cuts, sores, gum disease).

Try reading the article Don't Swallow: A Look at the Risks of Oral Sex for an in depth look at your question.

RMK

GENITAL HERPES
I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!