The use of condoms

Hi, about 3 months ago my friends and I went to Mexico's "Red Light District". I had sex with a prostitute with a condom. I did not ejaculate in her, and was sure that it was used correctly. However, I'm the kind of person that does worry, so is it safe to say that it is unlikely that I have the virus? For extra credit in Psychology my instructor gave me ten points after I was tested for the virus, which resulted in negative. That was before the sexual intercourse. What advise would you give?

A condom used correctly for vaginal intercourse is highly effective in preventing the transmission of HIV. They are not foolproof, but if the do not break, slip or tear, are used correctly, and only water-based lubricant is used, then they should provide full protection. Studies have shown condoms to be 90-95% effective in preventing transmission if they are used consistently, and some studies found that condoms prevented all transmission when used consistently among serodiscordant couples.

RMK

Risky love
Crack pipe and HIV transmission