First Victim of rec-oral sex

Hello Dr Ryan M. Kull, I have been reading this forum about two months now. Thanks for your help and hard work. I have a one question and please answer if you could. I had received an oral sex from prostitute girl last december, in early febaury. i become haveing all kind of symptoms of hiv, for example gland sore, armpit and groin also chest pain then i got flu, last nigth i expreince diahrea and joint and muscle pain. I havenot sleep about a week now, i am tired, frustrated, stress out. I have seen a DR yesterday and i got hiv tested, and waiting a result. Do you think i am going to be the first victim to receive an oral sex. I love my self but this put me a worest case in my life. THanks Dr Ryan.

Do not base your risk for HIV infection on symptoms; it will simply confuse you and increase your anxiety. It is best to start with a risk assessment based on your behavior. These are the ways that HIV is known to be sexually transmitted:

1) Anal sex, receptive or insertive

2) Vaginal sex, receptive or insertive

3) Oral sex, receptive fellatio or insertive cunnulingus (transmission to the person whose mouth is on the genitals)

Since you were not engaging in these sexual activities (you participated in insertive fellatio), then the risk of transmission is theoretical only. See Saliva as a Barrier for more information.

RMK

Please Help I am Scared
PCR or ELISA TESTING?