The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

First Victim of rec-oral sex

Feb 28, 2002

Hello Dr Ryan M. Kull, I have been reading this forum about two months now. Thanks for your help and hard work. I have a one question and please answer if you could. I had received an oral sex from prostitute girl last december, in early febaury. i become haveing all kind of symptoms of hiv, for example gland sore, armpit and groin also chest pain then i got flu, last nigth i expreince diahrea and joint and muscle pain. I havenot sleep about a week now, i am tired, frustrated, stress out. I have seen a DR yesterday and i got hiv tested, and waiting a result. Do you think i am going to be the first victim to receive an oral sex. I love my self but this put me a worest case in my life. THanks Dr Ryan.

Response from Mr. Kull

Do not base your risk for HIV infection on symptoms; it will simply confuse you and increase your anxiety. It is best to start with a risk assessment based on your behavior. These are the ways that HIV is known to be sexually transmitted:

1) Anal sex, receptive or insertive

2) Vaginal sex, receptive or insertive

3) Oral sex, receptive fellatio or insertive cunnulingus (transmission to the person whose mouth is on the genitals)

Since you were not engaging in these sexual activities (you participated in insertive fellatio), then the risk of transmission is theoretical only. See Saliva as a Barrier for more information.


Please Help I am Scared

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint