The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Help I am Scared

Feb 27, 2002

Deer Doc... Thank you for your timing reading this..I am very worried....about one month ago i had an possible risk...My pennis rub up against her vagina no penatration just grinding..i also had a small abrassion on my finger and i know that my finger came in contact with er vaginal 3.5 later i have developed soft stools, and some diahrea..i was wondering what were my risk by doing that, and is diahrea for this long, with some headaches a sgin of acute HIV? I thank you for answering my question..i am very very worried

Response from Mr. Kull

When you think about your risk for sexual transmission of HIV, you should first consider the model for transmission: HIV infected fluids (blood, semen, and vaginal secretions) coming into contact with the mucous membranes (the lining of the anus/rectum, vagina, urethra/foreskin, and mouth). If those conditions are met, then transmission is theoretically possible.

It is as important to consider the actual risk for transmission, sometimes referred to as the odds, probability, or likelihood. This is based on actual reports and studies that look at how HIV is actually transmitted. Documented cases of sexual transmission are primarily attributed to anal, vaginal, and oral sex.

So, in your case, transmission is possible, but not likely. This is because there is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through non-penetrative sex (for example, grinding).


First Victim of rec-oral sex

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint