Indirect vaginal fluid on chapped lips
Feb 27, 2002
Sometime ago I was at the strippers bar and at that place itself I touch one of the strippers vagina for a brief 15 seconds. In a minute or 2, I subsequently fondled my same fingers on her breasts. Then I kissed her breasts. I had chapped lips at that time (there was a crack though). I'm worried that my fingers could have touch some vaginal fluid and from what I have done could have infected me through my chapped lips. Am I at risk? Please answer, thanks so much!!
Response from Mr. Kull
Based on the epidemiological knowledge of HIV and its transmission, HIV is only known to be transmitted through the following three ways:
1) Sexual contact: anal, vaginal, and oral sex
2) Blood-to-blood contact: sharing injection needles, occupational exposures, blood transfusions (which is rare in the U.S.).
3) Mother-to-infant: either through delivery or during breast feeding
If you are not engaging in any of the above activities, the risk of transmission is theoretical, at best.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do You Test For Trichomoniasis?
- Over The Counter Treatment For Oral Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.