Dental Office Equipments

Doctor, I just got my root canal done at a dental office. Before I asked the dentist and his assistant about hepatitics C and hiv transmission, they all said their equiments were cleaned. But I don't know if they change those tubes that suck patient's saliva and those drills that make holes in teeth for the filling. Certainly those equipments caused blood in my mouth. I almost choked a metal foil because my cheek and mouth were anesthized. That caused abrasion in my pharynx. Also the dentist used some IRON syringes to inject some solutions (I don't know what those solutions were) into my gum. If you have ever seen a dentist and had teeth cleaning, you may notice that there is bleeding happening all the time. Do you think I should go tested for HIV and hepatitics C? Do you think it would be wise to get tested every time you visited a dentist and have tooth filling? If one gets infected at a dental office, can he sue the dentist? If so how does he get evidence that the equipments are not sterilized or mishandled?

It is not necessary to get tested for infectious diseases after visiting the dentist. Dentists and other medical professionals are required to follow certain protocol to ensure that patients are not exposed to infections through medical equipment.

If you continue to feel anxious about exposures to HIV through unlikely routes, consider getting an evaluation with a mental health professional about your anxiety .

RMK

pregnant?
sex with a gay HIV person