WORRIED- SHARED RAZOR

PLEASE HELP ME, I AM SCARED BECAUSE I USED MY ROOMMATES RAZOR RIGHT AFTER HIM AND I SOMETIMES CUT MYSELF. HE HAS ALOT OF UNPROTECTED SEX AND IS SICK ALOT. SHOULD I BE WORRIED, GET TESTED. I KNOW ITS LOW RISK BUT RISK NONETHELESS. THANK YOU.

Even if your roomate is infected with HIV, it is highly unlikely that HIV would be transmitted to you by sharing a razor. Transmission through sharing a razor is not a likely event; there is no actual evidence that HIV has been transmitted this way. One explanation for this could be that HIV does not survive in the environment long (see Survival of HIV in the Environment).

HIV is spread in three main ways: sexual contact, blood-to-blood contact (usually sharing injection needles), and mother-to-infant.

It is recommended that one does not share the toothbrush or razor of an infected person because blood left on the objects could transmit HIV. These recommendations exist as a precaution primarily for those living or having contact with HIV infected individuals.

RMK

Such a quick question to answer!
time sensitive