Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Regarding Home Access Question...
Feb 18, 2002

Dear Ryan, My question is in regards to the Home Access question recently posted, because it was a bit confusing. Is the Home Access test accurate in detecting HIV, and if so, how accurate? I tested (using the Home Access Test) negative at 3 months, and negative again at 7 months. Is this considered a truly negative result, or do I need to have testing done through a physician? My reason in asking is that I get recurrent yeast infections every month, and had read about yeast infections in women sometimes being the first sign of HIV. Since I tested negative, I was assuming that the yeast was caused from something else. Was I wrong in assuming? Should I have further testing done? Thank you in advance, so very much...

Response from Mr. Kull

According to the CDC, FDA, and Home Access, testing with Home Access 3-6 months following exposure is accurate. You should continue to talk with your medical provider about your recurring yeast infections, but your assumption that it is not related to HIV is right.

RMK

Previous
std's
Next
Totally Amazed CDC, GMHC

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.