Regarding Home Access Question...

Dear Ryan, My question is in regards to the Home Access question recently posted, because it was a bit confusing. Is the Home Access test accurate in detecting HIV, and if so, how accurate? I tested (using the Home Access Test) negative at 3 months, and negative again at 7 months. Is this considered a truly negative result, or do I need to have testing done through a physician? My reason in asking is that I get recurrent yeast infections every month, and had read about yeast infections in women sometimes being the first sign of HIV. Since I tested negative, I was assuming that the yeast was caused from something else. Was I wrong in assuming? Should I have further testing done? Thank you in advance, so very much...

According to the CDC, FDA, and Home Access, testing with Home Access 3-6 months following exposure is accurate. You should continue to talk with your medical provider about your recurring yeast infections, but your assumption that it is not related to HIV is right.

RMK

std's
Totally Amazed CDC, GMHC