Swollen knees and ankles
Feb 15, 2002
After an exposure to someone with HIV recently - receptive oral sex w/o condom - my knees and ankles began to swell up a few days later.
I took medication and they went down but now the ankles are swollen again - could this be an ars symptom ?
Response from Mr. Kull
The fact that your only risk was receiving oral sex means that your symptoms are most definitely not related to HIV. There is no evidence that people get infected through receiving oral sex: see http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q118152.html.
Did you see a doctor about your symptoms? Seeing your doctor about symptoms is important since HIV is not likely to be the cause of the swelling.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Headache An Ars Symptom?
- White Bumps Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.