oral-anal contact

Recently I had sex with a sexworker during which I brielfy (20-30 seconds) touched her anus with my toungue. Her anus was clean with no evidence of damage, cuts or sores. My mouth was also free of cuts, sores or other evident damage. I spit immediately after removing my mouth of her anus and washed my mouth within 10 minutes after the episode. What are my odds of contracting HIV? Should I take HIV tests three and six months from now, or am I worruing too much. Regards.

It is unlikely that you would have been infected through insertive/giving anilingus (rimming, oral-anal contact).

Putting your mouth on someone's anus poses a very low-risk for HIV infection. There is only one published case of transmission occurring oral-anal contact. Transmission is only likely to occur if your mouth comes into contact with blood in the receptive partner's rectum; having sores in your mouth might increase the risk of transmission if you come into contact with the infected person's blood.

A person rimming another without a barrier is at greater risk for infection with hepatitis A virus, parasites, and bacteria, so it is important to be aware of any feces coming into contact with your mouth. Getting a hepatitis A vaccine is a good idea if you are sexually active (especially for men who have sex with men) or in a region where hepatitis A is prevalent.

The receptive partner in anilingus is at virtually no risk for infection (saliva coming into contact with mucous membranes). HIV can be isolated in the saliva of infected people, but at low and probably non-infectious levels. This is why we don't see people getting infected by deep kissing or through receiving any variation of oral sex.

RMK

unprotected sex with a man with Hep C.
Kiss Me Like You Mean It