Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

a BIG THANK YOU from my heart
Feb 10, 2002

Dear Ryan this is more of a thank you than a question. about 2 and a half months ago i had vaginal sex with a prostitute (with a latex condom) which i deeply regret,the condom did not slip off or tear but soon after this incedent i started to worry about STI's,HIV,and AIDS. this worry caused me to be phisicaly ill. i got headaches, muscle treamors,feeling slightly tired, and panic attacks.i spent most of my day at work reserching on the internet and most of my evenings on the internet and reading medical encyclopedias.i stumbled over this site and found out from one of your replies to someone's question that the chances of having contracted HIV was very very small. this was a great relief for me.i cannot thank you enough for the great work you do. this incedent has changed my attitude toward sex. i now belive it should be performed by 2 people who love each other. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RYAN. i would also like to wish everybody who is at this time concerned about HIV, whatever there circumstances the very best of luck. GOD BLESS

Response from Mr. Kull

You're welcome. I'm glad that The Body was helpful to you. Sex, even without the specter of HIV, can be a complicated force in people's lives, so it's great that you are thinking about what works for you. Whatever your personal choices are around sex, it is important that you understand your own boundaries and desires so that sex can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience.

If you continue to experience anxiety that is disruptive to your life, consider seeing a medical/mental health professional.

RMK

Previous
sexual relation without penetration
Next
unprotected sex with a man with Hep C.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.