a BIG THANK YOU from my heart

Dear Ryan this is more of a thank you than a question. about 2 and a half months ago i had vaginal sex with a prostitute (with a latex condom) which i deeply regret,the condom did not slip off or tear but soon after this incedent i started to worry about STI's,HIV,and AIDS. this worry caused me to be phisicaly ill. i got headaches, muscle treamors,feeling slightly tired, and panic attacks.i spent most of my day at work reserching on the internet and most of my evenings on the internet and reading medical encyclopedias.i stumbled over this site and found out from one of your replies to someone's question that the chances of having contracted HIV was very very small. this was a great relief for me.i cannot thank you enough for the great work you do. this incedent has changed my attitude toward sex. i now belive it should be performed by 2 people who love each other. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RYAN. i would also like to wish everybody who is at this time concerned about HIV, whatever there circumstances the very best of luck. GOD BLESS

You're welcome. I'm glad that The Body was helpful to you. Sex, even without the specter of HIV, can be a complicated force in people's lives, so it's great that you are thinking about what works for you. Whatever your personal choices are around sex, it is important that you understand your own boundaries and desires so that sex can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience.

If you continue to experience anxiety that is disruptive to your life, consider seeing a medical/mental health professional.

RMK

sexual relation without penetration
unprotected sex with a man with Hep C.