HIV home test package

Dear Ryan:

Recently I had an encounter with a sex worker in NYC. I had my condom on my penis for the whole time when we had sex. However, I have been stressed out for the last two weeks since I keep thinking of getting HIV virus from her, although the probability is very very small.

Here is the question. I found out there is a package called Discreet home testing kit on the Internet. They say this type of package detects antibody in 21 days after exposure and the accuracy is 99.4 %. Do you recommend me to use this home test kit? If this test kit works, then why should people wait for 3 month before the first test, for other testing kit or procedures?

No, I do not recommend this test! Please refer to my response to Home Tests for information about home testing and internet fraud. As far as I know, the only home test that has been approved is the Home Access testing kit. Please don't trust extravagant claims on the Internet.

I agree with your assessment that you are at very low risk for infection.

RMK

how long is acute in terms of onset symptoms of hiv
Urethra or Shaft