HIV or another STD?

Thank you for this excellent resorce. By far is the best I've found. I've ready your Q&A sheet but could not find info on my circumstance. I recently had unprotected sex with a female bar worker in Bangkok. She had a HIV negative test 6 weeks ago in relation to a burst condom situation which occured 5 months ago. Our scope of activity was vaginal intercourse and oral (vaginal and penis). I had a skin irritation on my penis which came in contact with her saliva and a small pimple near the base of my penis which came in contact with her vaginal secretions. The last contact was Dec 16th (first contact was about 8 days earlier) and there were about 6 times that we had unprotected sex. She complained of burning feeling when urinating on the 16th Dec. On the 17th, my tounge had small dark spots like freckles on the surface and an irriation along either side (these give the edge of my tounge a "frill edge" look). I have also had tender groin nodes on the right side. These symptoms have remained present till now (although the freckly spots are starting to diminish). Today I've a sore throat (its summer and most unusual that I get colds, flu etc. I saw a doctor on Dec 23, 2000. She arranged for a Hep B test, took a urine sample and two chlamydia swabs from my penis. She prescribed doxyhexel (3 tabs daily x 10 days)- this is my third day of medication. Are my symptoms typical of an STD or perhaps there is a chance my partner has lied about her HIV status. Just last night she said she does not trust her HIV test which was done at an STD clinic in Bangkok because they gave her result with in 15 mins. I am married. My wife does not know and the issue will deeply hurt her. I have not had sex with my wife and am very keen to understand what is happening to me. I thank you for your valuable time to read this and very much hope that you can reply. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Unfortunately, I could not do a better job than your doctor in telling you to what your symptoms are related. My best advice is to follow her guidance, speak with her about your concerns, and try to get HIV tested when at least three months have elapsed since your last sexual exposure to your partner. It is difficult to base your HIV status on the results of a test your partner had six weeks ago. You do not have enough information about her to make any assumptions about her status.

Your concerns are similar to many others who present with concerns about having sex outside of their primary relationship when that is not part of their agreement with their partner. Please refer to my recent response to Military, Married, and Male Encounter.

RMK

Symptom time frame
how long is acute in terms of onset symptoms of hiv