variant strain testing, where???

I have asked and asked here and other places. No one will help me. I won't go into all the details again except that I have had MANY symptoms, the scariest of which is thrush with no apparent explanation(been to Dr., treament didn't help, most possible causes explored).Tested neg for hiv-1/2 at 6mo. I NEED to be tested for the variant strains of hiv if I am to have a normal life again(provided, God willing they're neg.) PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN HAVE THESE TESTS DONE!!! I AM AT MY WITS END!!! Thank You.

Getting any type of HIV test that involves more than the routine HIV-1/HIV-2 antibody tests should be done through your doctor. The HIV-1/HIV-2 antibody tests have been fine tuned over time to detect antibodies to multiple strains and groups of virus. Please see my recent response to Rare strains of HIV into perspective for more information on testing for HIV antibodies to multiple types, subtypes and groups of HIV.

Oral Candidiasis, or thrush, does not only occur to people with HIV. Anyone who is immunocompromised is at risk for thrush. Other factors may cause oral candidiasis -- steroid inhalers, multiple antibiotic treatments, or as a post-surgical symptom -- but it also may not be possible to identify the exact cause. This does not mean you have HIV.

RMK

STD Transmission...
Ulcer