The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried out of my mind

Dec 28, 2000

Please answer i have asked questions at least 4 times with no response. Im very worried. After having protected vaginal sex and touching the womens vagina I noticed I had a small cut on my finger. Two weeks later I had an itchy feeling all over my body but had no rash. I also had a slight pain in the head that would come and go throughout the day and would last a second or so. Also had slight body aches.I never had any other symptoms. During this time I went to the doctor for the itching found nothing except for elevated liver enzyme test 87 alt 4 days later tested again liver 57. However I due drink regularly and sometimes heavy.Does this sound like ARS? Could these enzyme levels be related to ARS? Please answer

Response from Mr. Kull

It is unlikely that you would have been HIV infected in this one episode of vaginal sex with a condom, and the cut on your finger probably would not have increased your risk that much. I cannot guess to what your symptoms might be related.

There is a greater chance that your elevated liver enzymes are symptomatic of heavy drinking. If you feel like your alcohol consumption may be causing emotional, physical, and/or social functioning problems, please look at the resources listed in the Getting help for substance use section at The Body.


dried blood
i think i have an std

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint