Is there any special condition that can interfere with a accurate test result?

Hi, please answer this question. I know you are really busy and this is not the only question you get daily but I really need to know. A few weeks ago I exposed myself to HIV. I know I have to wait six months to get the test, but I was wondering if there is any "special" condition that can interfere with an accurate result? I'm asking this because, due to the anxiety I have developed, I began smoking more heavily than usual and also got into antidepressant drugs, specifically Luvox and other type of tranquilizers, and I'm concerned if any of this drugs can interfere with the accuracy of the HIV test. Also, I have called several private laboratories asking for how long they take to deliver the results and the answer was that it can be that very same day, if I get it early in the morning. Is this normal? Or the antibody detection method takes more than 8 hours? I would really appreciate your advice since I haven't found any information in your website, thanks.

Smoking and/or taking antidepressant drugs should not interfere with the accuracy of your HIV antibody test result.

It is possible that a lab could provide you with results in the same day. Ask the lab what type of test they are performing and do a search on this website for information about that specific test. As long as the test is FDA approved, there should be no problem.

RMK

strange symptoms
I got gonorrhea. I'm worried I got HIV too???