Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ARS, Symptomatic

Jan 5, 2001

Thank you for making this forum available. Could you please tell me hoe long ARS is suppose to last for? Can someone go from ARS into what they term "sympomatic" simaltaneously? How far along into HIV infection would one develop fungal problems? I thought I may have had ARS about seven months ago, but right after that I continue to have diarehea once a week, feel warm at night(no fever), my skin is drying up,tongue is white, feeling not well. I've tested neg. at 3,6 & 7 months. Is this indicative of someone who is symptomatic?Can I be taking such a long time to serconvert?

Maybe type O strain? What do you think? Thank you very much.

Response from Mr. Kull

Please refer to A message about symptom questions for more information on symptoms and acute retroviral syndrome.

Read through Rare strains into perspective for more information on detecting group O virus antibodies.

The likelihood of your being HIV infected really depends on your risk factors. Most people who send in questions about ARS symptoms are usually very low risk. Please take that into account. Antibody testing at 3 and 6 months should have been sufficient. Taking other tests beyond that time frame is unecessary.

RMK

Previous
anal penetration by finger causes worry
Next
HIV question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.