coldness

I live in the northeast and its real cold here (usually freezing or below). I notice myself shivering more when im out in the cold, but other people are not shivering, i guess im sensitive to the cold, usually my arms and upper body will shiver. I know this will usually happen in the cold to most people, but the thing is that i was the only one shivering, could this be a possible sign of HIV, I had an extremely low risk exposure about two years ago. I call it extremely low risk because it involved blood that i had contact with but it had been out of the body for at least a couple hours, but the blood was still moist, dose it still pose some type of risk or would you say because the blood had been out of the body for at least a couple of hours, the virus would be dead? Thats the main thing I am trying to determine. As for the shivering goes, Im wondering if this regularly occurs in people with HIV cause im worried, do you think I should be based on what i told you? Im a very worrisome person, but based on what i have read on this site it has set my mind at some ease, because you say that the virus will die in several minutes once outside of the body (im talking 1 to 2 ounces of blood) whether or not it is dry or WET. right??? Thank you very much, and I appreciate your answer.

Just coming into contact with blood doesn't mean that you would get infected with HIV or any other bloodborne disease for that matter. The blood with which you came into contact would have to contain HIV, and would have to come into contact with your blood stream or mucous membranes shortly after it left the infected person's body. Exactly how long the virus would survive outside and the effect of temperature in this situation is difficult to predict.

Sensitivity to the cold and shivering when you are in it is not unusual. This in no way indicates that you are HIV infected.

RMK

HIV Testing and Symptoms
specialized testing, try number 10