Abnormal Pap smear after 10 months of sex

My fiance recently had a pap smear(Dec. 2000) and about a month later, received a letter from the health department stating that abnormal cells were detected. She is only my second sexual partner and she and I have had both protected and unprotected sex. When she went in to take the pap smear, it was also shown that she had a yeast infection. It was treated and it cleared up. About my first partner, we had unprotected sex but we only slept together three times. I came to find out after we broke up that she was a very promiscuous person. I have never been tested for HIV. At the same time, I have shown no symptoms with the exception of a small rash on the arm. It went away. My fiance was notified that she needed to come back in for a second pap smear due to abnormal cells being found. Also, she told me that she was spotting and still having a discharge. What do the abnormal cells and the spotting and discharge indicate. A response will be greatly appreciated

I cannot tell you the cause for your fiance's symptoms. There could be several things causing them, and only a doctor should be diagnosing her condition. Talk to your partner about your concerns, and maybe you both could talk with her doctor if it is necessary and she consents to it.

In the meantime, if you have sexual contact with your partner, you should use latex barriers.

RMK

vaginal fluids on hands?
Completely out of my mind