Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Herpes HELP needed!!!
Jan 12, 2001

Ryan,

I had mutual masturbation with another guy, about a month later i noticed a small red spot on the edge of the head of my penis, it never itched or was fluid filled. I put some lotion on it and it was better the next day. I still can see where the spot was but it isn't raised. I never noticed on the other guy any sores but am afraid maybe this could be a herpes sore. I've seen pictures on this site of what some herpes sores look like, this did't look anything like that. My question is, is there a home tesing kit available for genital herpes testing? its been over a month now and would like to know if that is what I had.

thanks for your help

Response from Mr. Kull

I am not aware of a home testing kit for genital herpes detection. Any sores that you have in your genital region that you suspect are sexually transmitted should be examined by a doctor when they are present. It is much easier for a doctor to diagnose herpes lesions when he/she can observe them directly.

RMK

Previous
GREAT NEWS!!!!
Next
I just got tested 2

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.