CBC's blood count tests

Dear Mr. Kull I was born with a weak immune system, when I was 8 I caught histoplasmosis. I was treated at NIH and finally cured when I was 12 yrs old. In either 1989 or 1990 I had a one night stand with a man who ended up dieing of Aids. I am not sure if our sex was protected of unprotected. I have always had fungus related infections. Yeast infections are common with me. They are always right before my period. I am married and have been with the same person for several years, we are planing on starting a family in August. I am very afraid to have the Aids testing done. I feel if it shows I have the virus, I will start feeling symptoms. I have had a lot of blood counts done(cbc's) would they have showed anything that would have pointed to having HIV? Would the white blood cell count or red blood cell count have been high?

The best way to tell if you are HIV infected is to get an HIV antibody test. A standard CBC is not used to detect HIV infection, nor would it be a reliable method to do so. I understand that you must be scared about getting HIV tested, but it is the best way to determine if you are infected.

RMK

Is sex in peep show booth safe?
What would the lab report show?