TEXAS

HELLO RYAN

I am confused with conflicting info -- just called the CDC.

Had a 17 week test done -neg-Elisa and today went for a 22 week test -Elisa. Asked the person at the site if I was going to get it screened for hiv 1 AND 2 and she did not know. So I called the CDC and she said where was the specimen getting sent? (I was told Texas) She (at the CDC) recommended that the test site call Texas to find out 1 and /or 2 together. I thought both were being done on everybody now -- are not all labs equal? I would appreciate your answer and thank you in advance

The person providing the test didn't know what you were getting screened for? That's strange. Maybe you should ask to talk with this person's supervisor, or at least ask the person providing the services to find out the details for you (meaning speak with the lab and ask directly). They should know this stuff.

Not all labs are equal and not everyone is getting tested for HIV-1/2 automatically. It is important that you ask (like you did) when you get tested.

RMK

std/hiv testing
Is sex in peep show booth safe?