Oral Sex on a female prostitute and risk.
Jan 19, 2001
What is the risk of getting HIV from a Woman Prostitute, if you perform oral sex on her one time? Let's say she was not on her period, and I had no open sores in my mouth.
Response from Mr. Kull
There is no convincing evidence that HIV has been spread to a person performing oral sex on a woman when no blood or STDs were present. Performing oral sex on a man is considered to be a greater risk for infection than performing oral sex on a woman, but both activities fall into a low-risk category. This conclusion has been reached because studies have documented transmission to a person performing oral sex on a man (see Oral transmission of HIV).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Soon Do Hpv Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.